1st Day: .... (Lima) / Iquitos / Muyuna Lodge (L-D)
- You will find easily our staff waiting for you in Muyuna's counter in the Iquitos Airport. Immediately, the guide will take you to the harbor in nice buses while you look Iquitos.
- Our speed boats will be waiting for you, ready to travel three hours upriver on the Amazon. Muyuna staff will be ready to welcome you with a typical drink.
- After setting in your bungalow and having lunch, finally you will start your trip. The check list with the animals that have been previously seen will be provided.
- Use canoes or go walking to the "Pungal", depending on the water level. This is an area that has several strangle figs, which is the favorite place of Hoatzin birds, these birds look like a prehistoric ones, because they have three hooks in their wings middle articulation, you will be surprised looking at them. In the evening, you can fish in the Sapote Lake, where you can find different species of piranhas, sardines, etc., while you look to the beautiful sunset of the jungle.
- By night, after having a refreshing shower, you will continue with the adventure looking for black and white caimans (jungle alligators), while you look at the stars of the south hemisphere.
2nd Day: Muyuna Lodge (B-L-D)
- After breakfast, you will make a hiking at the back of the lodge where you observe the variety of flora that region has. In this hike you can taste the water of the "urticaria tormentosa" that has inside its vain (it is said that can cure cancer and aids). Also you will be surprised for the giant ceiba trees. You will have the opportunity to see the pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, and if you are lucky, howler monkey, which roar it is listened miles away! Also, is easy to spot some tamarins and black monkeys, different species of birds, and colorful butterflies. In this area we also have seen in few opportunities some felines. This hike can last seven hours, depending on your physical state, you can reach the Tahuayo River.
- In the afternoon, you will enjoy the greenest sunset of your life, fishing piranhas and silver hatched fish in the Purura Lake.
- After dinner, you will make a nocturnal hiking to the strangle tree, where is the home of many species of tarantulas (although their bad fame, they are not dangerous to humans).
3rd Day: Muyuna Lodge (B-L-D)
- Using canoes you will go to Juanachi Lake, which is hard accessible, because is far and has many aquatics plants that appeared at the entrance, being the reason why you can appreciated the abundance of fauna and flora. Here you will walk or paddle, depending on the water level, looking the different types of birds like parrots, macaws, toucans, egrets, hawks, ducks, etc, also sloth and several monkeys like the night, squirrel and dusky titi ones.
- The lunch will be served outdoors to enjoy more time in this remote place. Here you can walk, depending on the river level, looking for more fauna.
4th Day: Muyuna Lodge / Iquitos / ..... (Lima) (B-L)
- Very early in the morning, before the breakfast you will make a very efficient bird watching trip. This is the best hour to look for them because they begin their day feeding themselves in the trees. It will be easy to see parrots, macaws, toucans, egrets, hawks, etc. The check list will help you to identify the species you see.
- Later, you will be taken by boats to the Amazon River. Here you will experiment the most magical moment of your trip: to see the pink dolphins playing around your boat.
- In the way back to the lodge, you will see the biggest aquatic plant in the world, the famous Victoria Regia. Then visit the Purura Lake where you will find different types of fish, like piranhas, silver hatched fish, etc.
- After the lunch, your grateful experience in the jungle comes to the end, you will sail three hours back to Iquitos and be taken to the Airport.